Thursday, January 7, 2010

What happens if I don't pre-wash a shirt before I put fabric paint on it?

my daughter and I are making a shirt for her dad for father's day and due to the lack of time and no wash machine at our home I'm just wondering if it's ok not to pre-wash the shirt before we put fabric paint on the shirt. (the instructions say to prewash shirt before applying any paint, but doesn't say why)What happens if I don't pre-wash a shirt before I put fabric paint on it?
The paint may not stick to the shirt because of the sizing and stuff put on new garments at the factory. The paint COULD wash off when washing.What happens if I don't pre-wash a shirt before I put fabric paint on it?
They put sizing on the clothes and it may prevent your paint from sticking properly!
Nothing, I have made plenty shirts and I have never washed them.
I think it would be okay

No comments:

Post a Comment