Thursday, January 7, 2010

How to get smells out of fabric in washing machine?

If my bf has been working particularly hard, his T-shirts are sometimes very musky, as are his sports clothes. I put them in the wash with that lovely Comfort stuff - it smells lovely on all our other clothes, but it doesn't get rid of the smell in these T shirts. I've tried pre-treating them, it just doesn't help. What can I do?How to get smells out of fabric in washing machine?
Baking Soda in the wash and good fabric softener.





If he has the type of sports shirts that are like nylon or the ones that are for wicking sweet from you skin they tend to smell. I think it has to do with the fabric. You may want to wash them separability so they do not make every thing smell in the dryer.How to get smells out of fabric in washing machine?
I have the same problem and I asked my grandmother what she does, but I haven't tried it yet.





BORAX has multiple different uses, one of them being a detergent. My grandmother just adds half a cup to the laundry on top of her other detergent. She says it gets any smells out.





The only picture I could find of the box is this one:


http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=ht鈥?/a>





(I hope that link works.. if not just google BORAX in images and it's a light green box with a little girl in the middle I think.





Good Luck
Baking soda! 1 cup in the laundry when you put the soap in.


Buy the big box,it's good for so many things!
put them somewhere realy hot and dry but not a dryer
to be blunt buy him a big can of antiperspirant instead of his usual deodorant as one stops sweat and the other just hides the smell with a stronger one.
I would add about a cup or two of white vinegar to the wash water. It does miracles!
I use Simply Sensitive Eco Smart Washing Tablets. They come in a green and white tub, they are eco friendly too! I bought them from the Co-Op store a few months back as they were on special offer lol and I have used them ever since, they even get the sweaty smell off my 15 year old sons socks and that is no mean feat (feet lol) Both he and my partner have even said theeir clothes smell good!!!!!


Give it a try, the bonus is that there is a 50p off next purchase in packs at the minute too!!
hmm there was a girl on here a few days ago that says she washed with shampoo's and conditioners... try adding your favorite fragrance in the mix.. lol
Try adding lavender oil. I have used it for the same problems (it also gets rid of mold smells from the washing machine).

No comments:

Post a Comment