Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does anyone know how to get a funky smell out of a new washed fabric?

I just bought a pair of pants from a catalog, and I am pissed! They smell like moth balls. Sometimes when I am in Chinatown or other Asian places, sometimes around Asian people I smell it too. ( I guess I should not stand so close huh?) hehe. Any advice other than washing the hell out of them over and over what can I do? Will it go away?????Does anyone know how to get a funky smell out of a new washed fabric?
add vinegar to your load in the washer.Does anyone know how to get a funky smell out of a new washed fabric?
I feel funny telling you a whole lot of different stuff you could ';try'; but I don't know for sure and I wouldn't want you to then have 2 ugly smells. Me, I'd probably soak it in white vinegar, or soak it and wash it in woolite and then air it outside or in your bathroom for a few days (if it takes that much time). I have no idea if fabreez would work. If it were white I'd probably be washing it in tide and a tad of bleach. But you can always call the dry cleaners and ask.
I would put them in a plasic bag along with a nice smellig dryer sheet, leaver them set for a day ot two. Should smell great when your remove them.
Try Fabreeze in addition to a washing detergent with an odor fighter. Also, dryer sheets when you dry it. You shouldn't have to wash it too many times. Also, you might want to contact the catalog people.
fabric softner maybe?
it definitely should go away eventually, i wouldn't suggest washing them over and over cause that will just wear them out before you even get to wear them!!





try soaking them in warm water and washing powder over night, then put them on a quick wash in your washing machine, that should at least get rid of most of the smell without wearing them out!!








good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment