Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do I get red fabric to stop bleeding in the wash?

My husband has been using red shop towels for *several* months now, and they all get washed together on a regular basis. But sometimes one will end up with the other laundry, and turn things bright pink! What can I do to stop them from bleeding?How do I get red fabric to stop bleeding in the wash?
Wash them in warm water and 2/3 cup of table salt. If you can, stop the washing machine before it drains the first time and let the rags soak for about 20-30 minutes. Let the load fininsh out and then wash them with regular detergent (also in warm water) to get the salt out of the rags and your washing machine. Good luck!How do I get red fabric to stop bleeding in the wash?
Cold water and lots of salt.. I never had to do it. I usually just wash or dark blues reds seperately . But I heard it does work ..I think I read it in a magazine and my mom does it..she uses at least a cup of table salt I think. Good luck!
1 cup of vinegar to 2 gallons of water and let it soak overnight. Wash normally afterwards and the bleeding should stop.
Add some vinegar to the rinse water-it sets the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment