Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is it better to wash (handwash cycle!) 100% silk with or without fabric softener?

I have had problems with using fabric softeners with silk. The type you throw in the dryer has left oily stains on my silk, so I no longer use that type. I usually add about a half cup of vinegar in the washer during the rinse cycle which sets the dye and keeps it from bleeding as well as acting as a fabric softener without leaving any residue. I usually dry silk in the dryer on a rack and use the air dry setting so it doesn't shrink.Is it better to wash (handwash cycle!) 100% silk with or without fabric softener?
Woolite is fine. Using fabric softener in the rinse, though not required, will help return the softeness to the fabric and elliminate static cling.Is it better to wash (handwash cycle!) 100% silk with or without fabric softener?
Hi,


I accidently threw my new silk blouse in the washer at warm, then into the dryer. It came out wonderful and soft. I did not use softener. It didn't shrink either.
woolite wood work but i do not think you need fabric softner i think the silk is soft enough if your worried about static cling toss in the dryer at air dry with a dryer sheet.your blouse will come out beautyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment