Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do I wash this fabric?? (couch)?

I'd really love to throw all the zippered cushions %26amp; pillows in the wash...No specific stains, just want it cleaned (we have 2 cats).





http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/in鈥?/a>





Can I do it?? What settings? I'm weary about putting it in the dryer. Should i leave it to air dry after?





Thanks!!How do I wash this fabric?? (couch)?
Sure you can...wash it in cold water in the delicate cycle. Tumble dry on the lowest setting.How do I wash this fabric?? (couch)?
It has been my experience that anything with stuffing inside of it (cushions, pillows, stuffed animals and even comforters) get kinda lumpy in the wash. If I were you I would see about renting one of those steam cleaners and the upholstery attachment. That will clean the whole couch! After that, hose it down with Febreeze fabric refresher and it will look and smell great!!!!!!!!
I wash my pillow covers in cold water %26amp; tumble dry in the dryer on air dry, it is a no heat setting. Not for the couch cushions though.





They do make upolstery cleaners and you can rent a steam cleaner.





Don't forget, if you do clean them, any stain repellant that was applied either by the manufacturer or after-market will be gone.
I would be worry about getting the covers back over the cushion's, after drying because they will shrink. Try to find good fabric cleaner, and clean without removing. Here is what I use on carper and couch. I use Lysol tub and tile cleaner, spray on wipe off. It will leave white foam when you spray on, wipe off with old towel. I have never had this to stain any thing. Do small test spot to be sure. The Lysol will sanitize and clean.





Good Luck
I would be leery of placing them in the washer as they may shrink up o you. I use the upholstery attachment on a cleaning machine OR just my Little Mean Green Machine for little jobs to save time. Works great and can be stored on the closet shelf with the solution in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment